Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Why Do I Do That? Because ...

Listeners have asked me to provide more information on the songs I play on the stream. Dates, location, venue - all the stuff the aficionado DeadHeads crave - every detail of a song or show. They are all good questions and certainly understandable ones. Many want to know why I wait to reveal the details of the songs I play until after they are over.

The answer to this question - when I was first beginning Shakedown Stream, some kind listeners asked if I would wait, play the song first, and then provide the name, date, venue and location of the song. Their reasoning was that they wanted to experience the song(s) for the first time as if they were at a show and have that anticipation and wonderment. How could I refuse such a request? It made sense to me and it still does.

So if you were wondering why I do that - that is why, because ...

1 comment:

  1. I'm right there with you when it comes to the podcasts I run over at www.DeadListening.com. Hearing the music with blind ears often opens the listener to things they would otherwise not hear.

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Coming Coming Coming Coming ARouNd

It seems like a good a time as any to bring this Blog page back around. So here it goes, after a hiatus from maintaining this Shakedown ...