Sunday, July 18, 2010

Episode 134 - North Carolina

 
The set list to the right (click to enlarge) is in my hand writing and recorded in a spiral notebook.  Deadheads have been obsessively writing down set lists since the dawn of the Dead. My earliest memory is watching some guy with his lighter in one hand and pen in the other intensely recording the songs as the band played on.  I studied him the whole night.  At times, he talked out loud with effusive joy while announcing things like the significance of the boys' jamming into "Spoonful" out of "Truckin". Even though this guy appeared bizarre to the normal world,  I started following suit when I was 15 or 16 years old. I still do it, but now it is with Shakedown Stream. Many of us Deadheads still engage in this endeavor much the same way a birdwatcher records their sightings with date, time, location, accuracy and Latin name of the different birds they see.  

Join me this week for another episode of Shakedown Stream on mvyradio.com. The month of July is devoted to Grateful Dead shows from North Carolina. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coming Coming Coming Coming ARouNd

It seems like a good a time as any to bring this Blog page back around. So here it goes, after a hiatus from maintaining this Shakedown ...