Sunday, June 17, 2012

UC Santa Cruz - Archive Opening

SANTA CRUZ - UC Santa Cruz will celebrate the public opening of the Grateful Dead Archive at the McHenry Library with an event from 1-4 p.m. June 29.

Visitors will explore the archive's inaugural exhibit, "A Box of Rain: Archiving the Grateful Dead Phenomenon," in the Brittingham Family Foundation Dead Central, the new exhibition space devoted to the archives. Members of the band announced in 2008 that they would donate their extensive collection to UCSC.
(Read Article)

1 comment:

  1. What a Grate event to attend, opening on my birthday as well. I have a previous engagement at Deer Creek with Phish (Another band I've frequently have seen sense the early 90's) which I have taken my own personal hiatus from for many reasons. Being in Chicago it's a simple drive. Being torn I'm checking flights to see if there is a sane price for a ticket last minute. What to do, go see an amazing opening or Phreak at the Creek? I'm grateful for the choice as well as meeting up with Goodpeople I haven't seen for awhile. Prices on plane tix might have to be the decider.If anyoneknows of some good last minute airplane websites please let me know stanleemouse@facebook.com thanx...
    Enjoy, Stanlee Mouse

    ReplyDelete

Coming Coming Coming Coming ARouNd

It seems like a good a time as any to bring this Blog page back around. So here it goes, after a hiatus from maintaining this Shakedown ...