Saturday, August 15, 2009

mvyradio Streaming in the Deep Ocean


Hey Now Folks -
Every so often I receive an email from a listener that rocks my soul. I just got one that made me proud and left me stoked. Check it out:

Hey Jer -
Thanks for all the great music, I have a strange story on how I discovered you. I will give you the short version, I have been in the Navy for 17 years and have always been a huge Dead fan. Well before leaving on a 3 month trip, I discovered your podcast ... without even knowing, it was downloading to my IPOD. Well, one day under the water on mission, I was going through my music and found a great ray of sunshine and happiness ... was Shakedown Stream. It had downloaded probably about 20 of your shows ... I was totally stoked!!

Well since that trip, I have done many more underwater adventures and your show always comes along for the ride!! There are not many deadheads in the Navy that I know of so this experience doesn't move them as much as me!! Keep up the great work, and I will be relocating soon and will be finishing up my last few years of service in a new place ... Shakedown Stream will always be with me, just like the Grateful Dead!! The music makes me smile!!
Peace
Doug
Chief Petty Officer
United States Navy

Right On!! Nothing pleases me more than listeners who take The Stream to far away places and listen to the music play. It is hard to say if going deep under water with The Stream is further away than Outer Mongolia, but it is definitely different. Thanks to everybody who streams Shakedown Stream every week. Peace - Jer Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coming Coming Coming Coming ARouNd

It seems like a good a time as any to bring this Blog page back around. So here it goes, after a hiatus from maintaining this Shakedown ...