Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Owsley "Bear" Stanley - 1935-2011

"I met Owsley at the age of eighteen. I had just left home, having run off with a Rock&Roll band. Bear, as weDancing Bears Small Vinyl Sticker Rainbow Grateful Dead Dancing Bears assorted colors, purple, red, yellow, gr knew him, was one of my all-time biggest influences. Always, when I think of him, I think of the endless stuff he taught me or somehow made me realize, all stuff that I've been able to use to the benefit of countless people who probably don't know much about him or how deeply he influenced me and the rest of the band. Most important was the approach he taught me and us: Always be open and engaging - always critical and questioning, but not negatively so much as playfully. He taught me to take myself and my interests out of the picture and work with the subject under consideration so that the best deductions or conclusions are made. I guess this means working from the point of view of the higher self, though that term never came up; it was always just assumed..

         Owsley "Bear" Stanley - 1935-2011

-Bob Weir

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coming Coming Coming Coming ARouNd

It seems like a good a time as any to bring this Blog page back around. So here it goes, after a hiatus from maintaining this Shakedown ...